Last updated: December 24, 2017
Latest updates to the policy
- Update of used cookies on this website
- Added data retention policy
SECTION 1 – WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you contact us for information about our services, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our website, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our business, new services and other updates.
Data retention period
We don’t want to keep your data longer than necessary, so we would like to make clear to you how long we keep certain data you have provided to us:
- Direct emails to our staff: For the duration of the communication
- Direct emails to our company addresses (including web forms): For the duration of the communication
- Our newsletter subscription: One year with annual reconfirmation of account details. When no reconfirmation is received,
the record will be removed from the mailinglist.
- Customer data: 7 years for invoices (required by law), up to 6 months after last invoice for contact information.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to request further information, sign up for our newsletter, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at [email protected] or mailing us at: in2it vof, Privacy Compliance Officer, Battelsesteenweg 134, 2800 Mechelen, Antwerp, Belgium.
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 – Website
Our website is hosted by Time4VPS, a hosting provider from Lithuania. They provide us with a virtual platform that allows us to run our website and offer services to you. We’ve taken considerable steps to ensure our data, including your privacy data, is stored secure, encrypted and protected within the borders of the EU, complying to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Released April 6, 2016).
SECTION 5 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
The following third-party services are being used by in2it vof:
When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
SECTION 7 – COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
- PHPSESSION: a session cookie to keep your personal settings during your session on our site
- _ga: a session cookie used by Google Analytics to analyse anonymous information about usage of our website for future improvements
- guest_id: a session cookie used by our Twitter feed widget
- personalization_id: a session cookie used by our Twitter feed widget
- JSESSIONID: New Relic cookie that we use to monitor the performance of our website
- wfvt_*: This cookie remembers the details you enter if you reply to a blog post to save you time if you are a regular visitor
- wordfence_verifiedHuman: A cookie set by our WordPress security tool
How to manage cookies in your browser?
If you choose to disable cookies, you can so specifically for the type of browser you use.
- Google Chrome: Clear, enable, and manage cookies in Chrome | Google Chrome Help
- Internet Explorer: Delete and manage cookies | Microsoft
- Safari: Safari for macOS Sierra: Manage cookies and website data using Safari | Apple Support
- Firefox: Enable and disable cookies that websites use to track your preferences | Mozilla Support
- Opera: Security and Privacy in Opera – Referrals, redirections, and cookies | Opera Help
Keep in mind that by disabling cookies, the behaviour of our website might give you a different experience than what we have aimed for.
SECTION 8 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our business is acquired or merged with another company, we will delete all collected data and we will not transfer any data to the new owners. We will be contacting you one last time before the merger so that you have the opportunity to decide to continue business with us after the merger or not.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at [email protected] or by mail at in2it vof.